Congratulations! You have been selected as a member of the hiring committee for an administrative assistant at Company XYZ. What a thrill! The following candidates have applied for the position and they all have identical qualifications. The hiring manager has asked you to evaluate each candidate's online profiles to assist in the decision making.
Rank each candidate based on their online profiles and make a recommendation to the hiring manager for the candidate(s) that should be extended a job offer.
Remember, federal laws protect applicants from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, and genetic information (including family medical history).
Questions for Consideration
- Which candidates were the most hirable?
- Did you see anything that would prevent you from hiring particular candidates?
- If you assumed that the order that certain platforms appeared in the following tabs corresponds with the order they appear in an internet search, is there anything that stands out?
- Do you think there is a way to utilize your social media platforms to make yourself stand out as a candidate for a future job? If so, how would you do this?
- When you search for Owen online, nothing came up. Is this a red-flag? Do you think today's employers expect you to have an online presence?